Large Sample

The Murray Library was bequeathed to Anstruther from Australian David Murray in 1908. Now owned by the Murray Library Trustees, this “C” listed, three storey red sandstone faced terraced building is undergoing both external conservation repairs and internal refurbishment to convert it to a backpackers hostel to complement the Fife Coastal Path and a hub of flexible spaces for use by creative industries.

The historic character of the building will be retained whilst maximising available space for new facilities.

 

Click here to see some of the dangerous stonework being removed