Large Sample

Limekilns Parish Church is a fine, Category B Listed Georgian building located within Limekilns Conservation Area.  The building dates from 1825 and sits on the site of a former church.

 

The church is well used and generally, in good condition, though a range of technically straightforward urgent, necessary and desirable repairs were recommended and carried out under the direction of Arc.  

 

Cement render was removed from three facades and replace with new lime harling.  Ventilation to the floor solum and roof space were reintroduced, windows and rainwater goods were refurbished and new lead work replaced worn in all areas.  In addition, the bell was fully refurbished and an electronic striker installed. 

 

The front façade was repointed and new lighting installed to side and front to ensure safe access at any time.