Large Sample

St. Francis Friary in Dundee by Reginald Fairlie, is a B listed brick built building dating from 1933.

 

A stone-carved tympanum by Hew Lorimer adorns the entrance, which required significant repairs and consolidation. Ownership of the site transferred to City Church in 2012 and marked a change in approach to conservation of the structure. 

 

After a detailed condition report by Arc, the Client instructed extensive external maintenance and repairs including the refurbishment of five roofs, the overhauling of rainwater goods, repairs to windows and to the tympanum.  The National Lottery Places of Worship Scheme funded the majority of this work.